Hello lovelies! Did this week fly by for you also? We can't believe January is almost over, though this is definitely not a complaint, it's been a very productive month for our designers, what a great way to start the year off correctly right?
Speaking of 2017, did you know mixing patterns is on trend in a big way? Here at By Design Interiors, we've never shied away from a good design challenge, and many of our clients have given us the opportunities to get real creative with their spaces, as you can see below in the gallery.
Here are a few basic rules when it comes to pattern mixing:
- One bold pattern at a time: stay within similar color tone as not to overwhelm
- Scale them correctly: mix bold patterns with smaller, tighter patterns
- Work with solids to soften down the space
- Go with similar patterns if you are not sure where to start
- Work with negative (white/blank) space
If you are planning to mix things up in your home, do take a look at our Pinterest idea board here:
If you want to stay ahead of the game, follow us on Instagram, we showcase our designers' latest works, behind the scene snap shots, and teaser about upcoming blog posts. Thank you for visiting!